EthniCities: The Art of Seeing Diversity
Amateurs and professionals (im/migrants and NGO representatives) from Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong come together to discuss how action-oriented creative arts, such as paintings, photography, films and theaters can be significant for self-empowerment and the promotion of cultural diversity in each society.
The program includes film show and forum, singing and stage performance, and thematic exhibition. Internationally acclaimed film director, Mr. Hou Hsiao-Hsien, will join us as a commentator to share and discuss experiences of promoting multiculturalism in East Asia.
- “My Dear Mom–Multiculturalism at Home”–Children’s paintings, by Juridical Association for the Development of Women’s Rights inPingtung (JADWRP), Taiwan.
- “Stunning Paintings of 4-Way Voice,” by Im/migrants in Taiwan
- “Seeing from the Corner,” byHomeless Of Taiwan
- “Them, Nearby,” by Daren, Hong Kong.
- “What is Migration?” by Professor Hyun Mee KIM and students. Yonsei University, Korea
Dates: 23-24 April 2016
Venue: Event Hall, B1, Duckstay Hostel, 316 Kunming St, Wanfua Dstrict, Taipei City
Organized by TEAM (Trans-East-Asian multiculturalism)
Sponsored by Toyota Foundation
Co-organized by Duckway Creative Development Co. Ltd
Taipei club of Y’s Men’s International Association
Graduate Institute for Social Transformation Studies, SHU
Social Development Foundation
Cheng She-Wo Institute for Chinese Journalism, SHU